Areas of Research:
Nuclear Issues, Arms Control & Disarmament/Nuclear Security
Mr. Tahir Mahmood Azad is a PhD Scholar at the Department of Strategic & Nuclear Studies (SNS), National Defence University (NDU) Islamabad, Pakistan. Previously, he obtained M.Phil (2011) in Strategic & Nuclear Studies from National Defence University (NDU) Pakistan and M.Sc. (2009) in Defence & Strategic Studies from QAU, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Currently, Mr. Azad is associated as a Research Fellow at the Institute of Strategic Studies Islamabad (ISSI) Pakistan.
Prior to this, Mr. Azad has stayed as a Visiting Research Fellow at:
- The SPAIS / Global Insecurities Centre, University of Bristol, UK.
- The Center for International Trade & Security (CITS), University of Georgia, USA.
- Centre on Conflict, Development and Peace building (CCDP), Graduate Institute Geneva, Switzerland.
- The Institute for Security and development Policy (ISDP) Stockholm, Sweden.
- Peace Research Institute Frankfurt (PRIF), Germany.
Mr. Azad has also served as a Visiting Faculty member at Bahria University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Mr. Azad has also participated at:
- Nuclear Safety & Security Workshop at Sandia National Laboratories, New Mexico, USA.
- The CITS Security & Strategic Trade Management Academy at University of Georgia, Athens, USA.
- International Crisis Management Course 2013 at the Swedish National Defence College, Stockholm, Sweden.
His areas of interest are Nuclear (Weapon) Security and Terrorism, Nuclear Technology and Nuclear Weapon Modernization, South Asian Nuclear Politics and Nuclear Strategies.